Commercial Real Estate In Vancleave MS
Vancleave, MS commercial real estate is a town that is located within Jackson County and is a census-- designated place and is on the West Bank of the Pascagoula River, 12 miles North West of which is the county seat. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the population of St. Martin was recorded to be 5,586 in 2010. Descendants of the Vancleave family, for whom the town is named after, still live in this area.
Vancleave developed as a community in the early to mid-19th century on Bluff Creek which is a small tributary of the Pascagoula River about 7 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. The community was originally known as Bluff Creek until 1870 when the Postmaster named it Vancleave in honor of a prosperous merchant named Robert Van Cleave who established a trading post on Bluff Creek.
Vancleave continued to be a rural community until the beginning of World War II after which ship building laborers began to migrate to this area to build ships to support the war effort at the local shipyard. The shipyard was Ingalls, which was owned by Bob Ingalls. To this very day, this shipyard is considered to be one of the most important shipyards in the United States. More interesting content.
Today, Vancleave is the fastest growing town in Jackson County. Over the past ten years, the population has grown by 25 percent. Vancleave is a bedroom resort community which is near 2 championship golf courses and a large number of historic properties which are surrounded by bayous and wetlands on 3 sides.
Vancleave's has an attractive natural environment offers numerous chances for entertainment and eco-tourism.